Superhero films are a dime a dozen. In fact, Superhero stories are in such high demand, We now have three X-Men TV shows in the works.
But that wasn’t always the case.
There was a time when high profile directors couldn’t get their movies off the ground.
- J.J Abrams has a failed Superman film
- Tim Burton has a failed Superman film
- George Miller had a failed Justice League movie
- James Cameron has a failed Spider-Man movie
- Nicolas Winding Refn tried to do Wonder Woman
- So did Joss Whedon
- Darren Aronofsky Tried to do Batman
- The Wachowski’s Had Batman and Plastic Man scripts
- Tom Cruise was attached to Iron Man for almost a decade
And on and on. Which lead me to the question: “Which version would you have wanted to see or better yet, Which hypothetical version would you make?”
Any director, Any decade, Any actors.
I would go with X-Men in the 80’s Directed By John Carpenter.
Jean Grey–Karen Allen
Captain America–Clint Walker
Silver Samurai–Toshiro Mifune
I would make Wolverine and Captain America brothers, Make Bullseye a mutant and remove Charles Xavier completely or have him be dead at the beginning. Mix it up and go crazy.
So, What is your dream team? Maybe a 90’s Justice league with Brad Pitt? Or a 80’s Avengers with Chuck Norris?
Comment below and let me know