Welcome to the FilmExodus Overview, where every month all the original content –reviews, opinions, editorials— is collected and presented in one easy to reach location, with bonus commentary from M. Karlston!
Review – AFI 100
Review – Classic Film Talk
Review – Comics
- Review – ‘Mystery in Madripoor’ #2
- Review- ‘Weapon Lost’ #3
- Review- ‘Adamantium Agenda’ #3
- Review – ‘Injustice vs Masters of the Universe’ #1
- Review- ‘Claws of a Killer’ #3
- Review- ‘Mystery in Madripoor’ #3
Review – Double Impact
- [Double Impact] ‘Mr. No Legs’ (1978)
- [Double Impact] ‘Who Finds a Friend Finds a Treasure’ (1981)
- [Double Impact] ‘Raiders of Atlantis’ (1983)
- [Double Impact] ‘Galaxy Destroyer’ (1986)
- [Double Impact] ‘The Avengers’ (1998)
Review – Horror Korner
Review – Monsoon-A-Day
Review – Other
Staff Picks – Buried Treasures
- Monsoon’s Buried Treasures (Pt. 3)
- Monsoon’s Buried Treasures (Pt. 4)
- Monsoon’s Buried Treasures (Pt. 5)
- Monsoon’s Buried Treasures (Pt. 6)
Open Thread – What’s On the Grill?
- Checking It Twice: 2014 Films (List Challenges)
- Favorite Paul Rudd Role
- Checking It Twice: 2013 Films (List Challenges)
- Checking It Twice: Films of the 1920s & 1930s (List Challenges)
- Let Them Fight! Overview
- Checking It Twice: Films of the 1940s & 1950s (List Challenges)
- Checking It Twice: Steven Spielberg Directed Films (List Challenges)
- Favorite Simon Pegg Role
- Happy 4th of July! Your Neighbors Are (Probably) Murderers!
- The Immortal Jane Austen
- Unbreakable and Split: My Perspective
A lot of great content this month! As always, a huge thank you to the returning talents of Poppity, Sailor Monsoon, Vincent Kane, William Dhalgren, M. Karlston, Mister Splendiferous, BB Ben,, and Linda Owino. You are all one step closer to that cappuccino machine.
Until next month.
(Oh, and below is a teaser of something that might become a recurring feature at the end of these Overview’s starting September.)
EXODUS HEADQUARTERS – LOCATION UNKNOWN
JULY, 31 2018 – 0900 HOURS
The phone rang only once before it was answered.
“Want to go see the new remake of that beloved classic?” The operator asked.
The response was instant: “That’s going to be a no from me dawg.”
“I’ll page you through.”
The operator pressed a button and the call was transferred. Inside the office of the Director of Basic Movie Infiltration, a room meticulously draped in a velvet, the phone rang. The director swiveled around in his chair and pressed a button. A voice immediately scrambled out of the speaker.
“Director, we have a problem.”
The director’s eyebrows raised in alarm. “What’s going on down there, Monsoon?”
“I’m afraid… there’s been a mutiny.”
To be continued in August’s Overview.
Interested in contributing?
Contact the FilmExodus Community, if you would like to add content to the site.
Don’t forget to follow, share, and tweet to light the beacon for like minded individuals.
This is our Exodus, let’s not wander alone!