Welcome to “Let Them Fight!”, where we pit two directors with similar backgrounds against one another and let YOU, the commenters decide on who reigns supreme!
Let Them Fight! returns for a third season starting September 17th, this time taking a look at foreign directors (hand picked by Sailor Monsoon)! The original format returns, with two directors battling it out weekly for a chance to move on to the next round. We have matches that we hope make you sweat over who should move on.
Additionally, FilmExodus has ordered a spinoff series titled Let Them Write! focusing on the screenwriters of Hollywood. It will start in January 2019.
Season Three: Foreign Directors
- Fight 1: George Miller (82%) | John Woo (18%)
- Fight 2: Bong Joon-ho (60%) | Taika Waititi (40%)
- Fight 3: Alejandro Jodorowsky (33%) | Werner Herzog (67%)
- Fight 4: Neil Marshall (0%) | M. Night Shyamalan (100%)
- Fight 5: Dario Argento (100%) | Lucio Fulci (0%)
- Fight 6: Andrei Tarkovsky (20%) | Ingmar Bergman (80%)
- Fight 7: Lars von Trier (25%) | Nicolas Winding Refn (75%)
- Fight 8: Ang Lee (12%) | Danny Boyle (88%)
- Fight 9: David Lean (86%) | Billy Wilder (14%)
- Fight 10: Miloš Forman (67%) | Roman Polanski (33%)
- Fight 11: Akira Kurosawa (75%) | Yasujirō Ozu (25%)
- Fight 12: Alejandro González Iñárritu (44%) | Sergio Leone (56%)
FilmExodus Battle Royale III
- Match-Up 1: Ingmar Bergman (0%) | Akira Kurosawa (100%)
- Match-Up 2: Nicolas Winding Refn (75%) | Werner Herzog (25%)
- Match-Up 3: George Miller (50%; won coin flip) | Sergio Leone (50%)
- Match-Up 4: Bong Joon-ho (63%) | Danny Boyle (37%)
- Match-Up 5: Dario Argento (40%) | M. Night Shyamalan (60%)
- Match-Up 6: David Lean (60%) | Miloš Forman (40%)
- Semi-Finals 1: Akira Kurosawa vs. Nicolas Winding Refn
- Semi-Finals 2: George Miller vs. Bong Joon-ho
- Semi-Finals 3: M. Night Shyamalan vs. David Lean (won coin toss)
- Finals: Akira Kurosawa vs. George Miller vs. David Lean
Are you ready to fight?