Are you a connoisseur of film with a head full of useless trivia? A cinephile desperately trying to impress a member of the opposite sex with your knowledge of meaningless movie facts? A film buff looking to pwn some weak ass nerds with your superior brain muscles? Then come on down to: Monsoon’s Movie Quiz! The weekly internet quiz show thats designed to turn children into men and men into champions. Or to separate the smart from the “I don’t fucking care.”
Let the games/dick measuring begin!
1. The original screenplay for ‘Hancock’ was much more dark and sexually explicit than the film we ultimately got. What was the films original title?
A) Tonight, He Comes
B) The Darkman Cometh
C) Black Don’t Crack
D) Fucking, Superheroes
2. ‘Newt’ is one of the few projects Pixar has ever cancelled. Why did they decide to scrap it?
A) Disney scaled back production on all animated films after Mars Needs Moms lost the company 150 million dollars
B) The plot was too similar to Rio
C) The original director left the project to helm Rango
D) A Disney exec wanted it to be made in “Avatar 3D”, which wasn’t cost effective
3. Who provides the lips in the opening number of ‘The Rocky Horror Picture Show?’
A) Susan Sarandon
B) Tim Curry
C) Patricia Quinn
D) Nell Campbell
4. Before the studio decided to ditch it in favor of the 2012 reboot, Sam Raimi was all set to direct a Spider-Man 4 with the Vulture and Black Cat as the villains. Who did he want to play the Vulture?
A) David Bowie
B) Charles Dance
C) Richard O’Brien
D) John Malkovich
5. True or false: Toho once considered making a Batman and Godzilla crossover movie back in the mid-late 60’s
6. What is the name of this badass duo from the film ‘Hobo With a Shotgun?’
A) The Hellions
B) The Plague
C) Jack and Sledge (The Hammer Bros)
D) The Cycle-Paths
7. During the making of the film ‘The Score’, Robert De Niro was forced to give Marlon Brando direction because the actor refused to listen to the films actual director Frank Oz. What was the reason behind Brando’s bullshit?
A) It was “too hot” for the actor to get into character, even though he specifically requested every scene of his be set in a sauna
B) He demanded that the lead be played by Michael Jackson
C) He refused to take direction from “Mrs. Piggy”
D) He was upset that Oz’s Dirty Rotten Scoundrels–which was a remake of his film Bedtime Story–made considerably more money
8. What film is this still from?
A) Dogs of War
B) Iron Sky II
C) The Adventures of Captain Wolfkiller
D) ABCs of Death
9. In the film ‘the Seven Samurai’, why does the villages banner consist of six circles and one triangle?
A) One of the seven samurai isn’t actually a samurai
B) It represents the villagers who have died from starvation– six men, one woman
C) Its their targets– six generals, one emperor
D) It represents the cycle of the bandits– six weeks to harvest, one week to fish
10. The film ‘The Story of Mankind’ is about the devil and the spirit of mankind trying to convince a space tribunal to either save or destroy humanity. Who plays the devil?
A) Peter Lorre
B) Groucho Marx
C) Vincent Price
D) Cesar Romero