Are you a connoisseur of film with a head full of useless trivia? A cinephile desperately trying to impress a member of the opposite sex with your knowledge of meaningless movie facts? A film buff looking to pwn some weak ass nerds with your superior brain muscles? Then come on down to: Monsoon’s Movie Quiz! The weekly internet quiz show thats designed to turn children into men and men into champions. Or to separate the smart from the “I don’t fucking care.”
Let the games/dick measuring begin!
1. Polish movie posters are notoriously insane. Which fantasy film is this the poster to?
A) Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland
B) The NeverEnding Story
D) The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
2. Which Oscar winning screenwriter ghost-wrote the film Kung Fu Panda 2 (2011)?
A) Diablo Cody
B) Jordan Peele
C) Charlie Kaufman
D) Quentin Tarantino
3. Because Dario Argento had an affinity for animal related titles back in the day, what was Deep Red (1975) originally going to be called?
A) The Sabre-Toothed Tiger
B) The Glass Seahorse
C) The Minotaur
D) The House of Butterflies
4. Which one of these is NOT the name of one of the entries in the Zatoichi franchise?
A) Zatoichi and the Samurai rebellion
B) Zatoichi’s Cane Sword
C) Zatoichi Goes to the Fire Festival
D) Zatoichi and the Chess Expert
5. The film The Dirty Dozen (1967) might have the most badass cast ever assembled for a film. Of the original twelve, how many are still alive?
6. Which horror icon was originally supposed to appear as a display in the film Waxwork (1988)?
7. Due to the failure of Dr. Phibes Rises Again (1972), the final film of the planned trilogy was never made. Which one of these sequel ideas was NOT pitched as the last film of the series?
A) Phibes fights a group of Nazis that have stolen his elixir of immortality
B) Phibes searches for the mythical key to Olympus
C) His dead wife is restructured and in a diabolical plot twist, she turns into a homicidal maniac that Phibes has to hunt down and stop
D) The son of Dr. Vesalius (antagonist of the first film) creates a Homunculus to exact revenge on Phibes
8. Who directed the 2011 production of Frankenstein, in which actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Johnny Lee Miller would alternate playing Victor Frankenstein and the Creature?
A) Neil Jordan
B) Stephen Frears
C) Danny Boyle
D) Sir Ridley Scott
9. Which of these action stars did NOT turn down a role in the Stanley Kubrick film Full Metal Jacket (1987)?
A) Liam Neeson
B) Arnold Schwarzenegger
C) Bruce Willis
D) Denzel Washington
10. In which category did George Clooney win an Oscar?
A) Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
B) Best Achievement in Directing
C) Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
D) Best Writing, Original Screenplay