Are you a connoisseur of film with a head full of useless trivia? A cinephile desperately trying to impress a member of the opposite sex with your knowledge of meaningless movie facts? A film buff looking to pwn some weak ass nerds with your superior brain muscles? Then come on down to: Monsoon’s Movie Quiz! The weekly internet quiz show thats designed to turn children into men and men into champions. Or to separate the smart from the indifferent.
Let the games begin!
1. Before Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull came out, there was multiple attempts at making a fourth sequel. Which one of these failed entries ISN’T real?
A) Indiana Jones and The Monkey King
B) Indiana Jones and the Saucermen from Mars
C) Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
D) Indiana Jones and the City of Gods
2. How many sequels are there to The Land Before Time?
3. True or false: Before making Citizen Kane, Orson Welles turned down the chance to direct and star in an adaptation of Batman.
4. What movie is this still from?
A) The Funky Forest: The First Contact
C) Visitor Q
D) The Happiness of the Katakuris
5. How many movies include an on screen (not implied or off screen) death of John Wayne?
6. Which one of these actors was NOT considered for the role of Tony Stark aka Iron Man?
A) Vince Vaughn
B) Hugh Jackman
C) Clive Owen
D) Sam Rockwell
7. Famed director Werner Herzog once lost a bet to a fellow documentarian (about the latter never finishing a film he/she talked about making for years) that resulted in him having to eat his own shoe. Who did Herzog lose the bet to?
A) Les Blank
B) Errol Morris
C) Penelope Spheeris
D) D.A. Pennebaker
8. The ultimate directors cut of Watchmen included the animated segment Tales of the Black Freighter. Who voiced the main character?
A) Gerard Butler
B) Michael Fassbender
C) Ty Burrell
D) Richard Armitage
9. Disney is often criticised for the amount of terrible direct-to-video sequels they’ve made but how many theatrical sequels have they produced?
(Released in American theaters and not counting Wreck it Ralph 2 or anything made by Pixar)
10. True or false: Walter Hill’s originally conceived of The Warriors to take place on either the moon or mars, with the main characters having to fight space pirates and/or mutants to get back to their space station (turf).